Sunday, April 3, 2016

Stretchy Knit Boho Headband


I'm not sure what the correct term is for this style of headband is however I knew I wanted to make one myself after seeing them in the stores...
 I scoured Pinterest for a tutorial and could not find one pattern that didn't have either 2 'straps'  or just a long piece of jersey knit -often cut from a tshirt, wrapped in 2 loops around your head. Both ways are fine, however that was not what I was looking for because I only wanted 1 wide band and no raw edges. I am a little embarrassed to say this took me 2 days over a weekend to figure out and Easter morning I finally did it! With the help of my daughter whom I begged to 'please just look at it', lol. Interconnecting those loops turned wrong side out and when and how to sew each band and stretch fabric to boot.Too much for my brain ; ) But I did it and once I (we) figured it out it literally only takes 5-10 minutes to make.
I may just have to write a pattern or tutorial for it since I never did find one.Now I'm looking to make it completely seamless around the back-not too sure if it's even possible but I will try. Might take me 4 days. I've seen these in stores for up to $24.00 and this fabric cost me way less at JoannI can't remember if this was 1/4 or 1/3 yd but I made at least 2 from that.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin