Sunday, November 23, 2014

New Inspiration

Sometimes all it takes after a dry spell of limited inspiration, is to go and scope out the stores you used to frequent...

I have been having a hard time finding the time and creative spark to do much more than knit lately. That is not a bad thing of course-I'm speaking sewing wise.

A few of my local favorite shops have not had a visit from me in recent months, so I went down and checked them out. I fell in love with the fabric line by Teagan White and Birch fabrics


The colors are perfect:dark teal, golden mustard, burnt orange, and bubblegum pink!

this one has a vintage pink button in the top corner and some embroidery stitching details.

 I just love the drawings of the girl, and little woodland creatures.


 I also found that this print by Bari j, went well with it. These are from Art Gallery Fabrics. I often get complimented on my choice of fabric combinations-for these, I honestly, initially thought they were from the same line, but soon realized they were not even from the same company. Lol.

embroidery details and a French acorn button on the top corner : )


This one needed some lace crochet trim I'd been hoarding for -ever ; )

I think the top bag would make a perfect 'on the go' project bag.  Toss in a circular knitting needle and small ball of yarn or maybe a crochet hook and other needlework notions, or a sketchbook and pens?

Both would be great of course for that or, possibly one's acorn collection?


2 comments:

The Feisty Redhead said...

Birch has so many pretty fabrics in that collection! How to choose...

Unknown said...

Ohhhhh I have that fabric too ... it's so gorgeous!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin